Position Title: Staff Writer, Technology
Reports To: Senior Content Manager, Technology
Dotted Line To: Senior Editor
Direct Reports: N/A
We’re seeking talented content producers to create unique, engaging articles for our technology brands, starting with HostingAdvice.com. Once onboarded, Staff Writers should expect to produce four to five quality submissions, including feature articles, how-to guides, research posts, and other web copy, per week. If you’re a talented wordsmith looking to pack your portfolio, this job is for you.
Staff Writer applicants may bring less than five years of editorial and/or marketing experience along with:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable grammar; an eye for consistent editorial style, factual accuracy, and voice
- The ability to quickly understand business goals and create copy to help achieve them
- The ability to create and edit content for clarity, syntax, and semantics
- A basic understanding of SEO and web content best practices (strongly preferred)
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress or Drupal (preferred)
- Technical writing experience (strongly preferred)
Ideal candidates will be self-starters who can work independently or in a team atmosphere and who are excited by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
Base Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time, salaried (exempt) position.
- Starting Annual Salary: $30,000 - 45,000, depending on experience and writing samples provided
- Health Benefits: company health, vision, and dental insurance coverage ($6,500 value)
- Retirement Benefits: IRA with up to 3% employer match
- Paid Time Off: 2 weeks per year (10 personal days + 4 sick days)
- Other Perks:
- FRIDAYS OFF! (We work Monday through Thursday, 9 AM to 5:30 PM Eastern.)
- Week-long office closures for holidays (in addition to 2 weeks of PTO/year)
- Activity fee reimbursement (up to $50/month)
- UF football tailgates, team happy hours, and other impromptu social events
- Quarterly performance reviews where we evaluate for promotions and raises
Digital Brands offers a competitive benefits package and is always looking for ways to reward employees.
The Digital Brands office is located in the heart of downtown Gainesville, FL with team members scattered throughout the town and surrounding areas. We are currently a 100% remote operation, but employees based in Gainesville are welcome to take advantage of our office location.
Should the perfect candidate apply, we will move to hire immediately. If that candidate could be you, click “Apply Now” below and attach your résumé to the email.